WriterShelf is an open platform for anyone to write their views and opinions.
We don’t review articles before they are published. We believe free expression deserves freedom, so we believe the best response to bad ideas is good ideas, and feedback from the community.
We ask that you publish in English and that you use respect and treat others like you would want to be treated.
Don’t threaten, encourage, or incite violence against anyone, directly or indirectly.
We don’t allow content that promotes violence or hatred against people based on characteristics like race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity.
WriterShelf exists to share and discuss ideas, not to exact revenge. We don’t tolerate harassment, which includes:
- Bullying or shaming someone, or posting things likely to encourage others to do so
- Posting copies of private communications between private individuals without the explicit consent of all parties to the communication
- Doxing, which includes not only private or obscure personal information but also the aggregation of publicly available information to target, shame, blackmail, harass, intimidate, or endanger
- Using WriterShelf features in a way intended to annoy or harass someone
- Posting intimate or explicit images taken or posted without the subject’s express consent.
Don’t use WriterShelf for spamming. Spam will be immediately removed from WriterShelf. While it is hard to precisely define this content, here are characteristics we look for:
- Posting content primarily to drive traffic to, or increase the search rankings of, an external site
- Reposting content from other sources for the primary purpose of generating revenue or other personal gain. If you have received compensation, free goods/services, or anything of value in connection with the topic of a post, you must make this clear.
- Posting duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts
- Performing a large number of account interactions in a short time period, particularly by automated means.
- Repeatedly using comments or other interactions as a method of promotion.
WriterShelf depends on various user actions — like follows and likes — to determine what content to feature. We don’t allow artificial behaviors that skew this system.
- Don’t buy, sell, or trade in account interactions — including follows, likes or comments
- Don’t use services, apps, or arrangements that offer you more follows, comments, or other interactions on your WriterShelf content
- Don’t register accounts, post content, or interact with content automatically, systematically, or programmatically
Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. Unless you’re authorized to use someone else’s copyrighted work or trademark, don’t use it.
Don’t use WriterShelf for phishing or fraud. Don’t use tags, links, titles, or other metadata in a misleading way. Don’t link to or embed malicious or harmful code or software in your posts. Don’t use deception to generate revenue or traffic.
Don’t post pornographic images or videos. Erotic writing and non-graphic erotic images are OK.
Don’t post gratuitously graphic or disturbing media, even if it’s not pornographic.
Don’t post anything promoting the sexual or violent exploitation of children.
Don’t post content that violates others’ privacy, including personally identifying or confidential information such as credit card numbers, identity numbers, non-public phone numbers, physical addresses, email addresses, or other non-public information.
Don’t encourage, promote or glorify acts of self-harm, such as cutting, eating disorders like anorexia or bulimia, and suicide.
If you find an article or comment on WriterShelf that violates these rules, please flag it. Tell us why you believe the content violates our rules.
If it looks like you’ve violated these policies, we may send you an email and ask you to explain what you’re up to and why. If you don’t adequately explain yourself or fix the problem, we may suspend your account or remove your content.
Spam will be immediately removed from WriterShelf.
We strive to be fair, but we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason. We enforce these these policies at our sole discretion.
If you have If you have questions or feedback, let us know. Leave a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WriterShelf is a privacy-oriented platform that lets you write using pen names.
Everyone has a story to tell. WriterShelf gives you the freedom to be yourself.